Ever have a Cinnabon? Love them? Then do I have the cake for you! Seriously, like heaven on a plate! This lovely cake tastes just like them! And the scary part (or awesome depending on your perspective) is all the ingredients are everyday kitchen staples! I can whip this baby up whenever I want!
Well, as long as I have 40-ish minutes, that is! And, the necessary stuff, but as I mentioned, I almost always do! This is sinful!
I apologize for the calories you will intake, but only kinda sorry 'cause then I won't be the only one. :^D
|Sorry I don't have a better pic of the glaze that is on this!|
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2/3 cups nuts (optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
2. Grease (or spray with non-stick spray) a 9x13 baking pan.
3. With an electric mixer or stand mixer, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Once combined well, slowly stir in 4 tablespoons melted butter. Pour batter into your prepared baking pan.
4. In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts (if using) until well combined. Drop even spoonfuls over the cake batter and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
6. Place powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.
7. Serve warm or room temperature. (Straight out of the oven is devine!)