Sunday, January 29, 2012
Day 3: Peanut Butter Ball
A few days ago, Karly from Buns In My Oven posted about a peanut butter cheese ball. I was skeptical, to say the least. But several other people were telling me that it was amazing! So I decided to give it a shot.
I gathered the ingredients:
I mixed them together as instructed:
When ready, after letting set in the freezer for an hour and a half, I covered it in milk chocolate and peanut butter chips:
Then put it in a freezer tight container and back into the freezer:
Then, sickness overcame me and I couldn't take this to the get-together I was making it for. But, Jason, my husband, did. (He let it thaw for about 30 minutes before serving.) And, they ate it like it was going out of style... There was none left for me. Which only means I'm gonna be making this again. Real soon!! Everybody raved about it.
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
Graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, apple slices, Nilla wafers, for dipping
1. Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.
2. Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly to form a ball. (My plastic wrap wasn't cooperating so I wrapped it the best I could and put it into a bowl.)
3. Freeze for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the cheese ball is firm enough to keep its shape.
4. Place peanut butter and chocolate chips on a plate. Remove the plastic wrap from the ball and roll it into the chips to completely cover, pressing them into the ball if necessary.
5. Place the ball on a serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.) Serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, Nilla wafers, or apple slices for dipping or spreading. (I used regular honey graham crackers with mine.)