Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 4: Mom's Meatloaf

This recipe comes from Disney Hollywood Studio's 50's Prime Time Cafe. While I've never personally eaten there, all my foodie friends (especially the ones who live in Orlando) rave about it all the time. Maybe next trip?


Sadly, this is the only pic I can locate of this awesome meatloaf at the moment. Will try for a better one tomorrow, if they leave me a piece to photograph... They eat this too fast!

Disney calls this Mom's Meatloaf, but all I gotta say after trying it is, "My mom never made meatloaf like this!" (Not that Mom's is bad, just not the heaven in a pan that this is! Sorry, Mom!)

Ingredients:

2 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
4 eggs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced red pepper
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Cracked black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
1/2 cup meatloaf glaze (recipe follows)

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Dice peppers and onion and set aside for later use. Combine meats and seasonings. Add peppers and onion to meat mixture. (The secret is not to squish the ingredients but fold them together thoroughly.) Place mixture into oiled loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 155 degrees.

While meatloaf is baking, mix the glaze as follows:

Glaze Ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients until smooth.

When meatloaf is ready, brush the glaze over the top and bake another 10 minutes.

Let meatloaf set for 10 more minutes to settle. (Your patience will be rewarded.)

Cut, serve, and take in all the praise that will be coming your way! I serve it with garlic parmesan mashed potatoes. I'll post the recipe for those soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a huge fan of meatloaf. Always seemed like people were just cooking beef and bread crumbs in their own grease and oil and calling it something special.

    THIS, however.... WOW! It's juicy, not overly greasy. It's the perfect texture, the glaze is amazing, and it's the first meatloaf I did not have to slather in ketchup. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete