Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 25: Roast Turkey and Roasted Garlic Potatoes


This post isn't the post I want to do today. What I'm really looking forward to is telling you what I've done with all the leftover turkey! However, I'm practicing my patience skills, and will try to contain my excitement for the future.

I basically just rubbed Perfect Pinch No-Sodium All-Purpose Seasoning all over it then roasted it in the oven for 3 hours under foil and 1 more without foil, basting it every hour with butter.

For the potatoes, I diced 5 medium potatoes and one medium yellow onion into a large bowl; covered them with olive oil and some of the same stuff I put on the turkey and baked them for 25 minutes.

Basting the turkey in butter was genius. It was the juiciest I've ever had!


Ingredients:

1 5-6 pound turkey breast
3 Tbsp Perfect Pinch No-Sodium All-Purpose Seasoning (or enough to cover your bird)
5 medium Idaho potatoes
1 medium yellow onion
2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.

2. Place your turkey in a roasting pan and rub the Perfect Pinch seasoning all over then put a stick of butter in the pan and cover it in aluminum foil. Bake it for 3 hours, making sure to baste it once every hour. (Most poultry have baking directions on the packaging so it's best to follow that.)

3. Remove the foil and return to oven for another hour.

4. We have a double oven so we heated our other one up to 350 degrees F. If you don't have that luxury, after the turkey is removed, turn the heat up to 350.

5. Dice the potatoes and onion into a large bowl. Coat liberally with olive oil and a dash of the Perfect Pinch seasoning and spread evenly on a sided baking sheet.

6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until they can be easily poked with a fork and are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment