So, it all started with a healthy amount of baby spinach! That's healthy, right??
However, that alone could not be dinner! The spinach was attacked by olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic!
And, then almost 4 cups of Italian cheese blend creeped up beside, and I just knew it was gonna join in the fun!
So, I cooked up some chicken and some penne pasta and had a big party in my wok!
Mmm! See? I just couldn't leave it with health food! Much more fun and amazing with all that other stuff!
12 oz dry penne rigate pasta
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 freshly ground black pepper
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded and cut into 2-in strips
2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1/4-in strips
3/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic (or to taste)
1 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach, lightly packed
2 cups grated Asiago cheese (I could only find it in the Sargento Italian blend)
1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pour 2 quarts of water into a 4 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once water is boiling, add 1/2 tsp of salt and pasta. Stir to prevent sticking and bring it back to a boil. Lower heat and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. While pasta cooks, mix flour with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Dredge chicken.
3. Heat sauté pan over medium high heat and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once hot, carefully place chicken and cook 2-3 minutes or until chicken is golden on bottom. Reduce heat to medium and turn chicken strips over. Cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
4. While chicken is cooking, mix together sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 cup olive oil, and the garlic. Add the spinach.
5. Once chicken is cooked, place both the chicken and hot pasta into spinach/tomato mix. Add cheeses and toss to mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The heat from the chicken and pasta will melt the cheeses.